At Jaarbeurs, we proudly carry a number of very important certificates and awards in our industry. We are members of various associations and initiatives to ensure that our publicity reaches the right target groups not only nationally, but also internationally. Active participation and cooperation with key partners in Utrecht, the region and the industry are key, so we continue to strive for excellence and innovation.
Partners, Awards & Certifications
Best Congress Venue of the Year 2023 & 2023
UFI Digital Innovation Award 2023
UFI Sustainable Development Award 2023
Green Key Gold since 2010
Green Healthcare Compliant Venue
YOIN Excellent Meeting Place
Sustainable relationships with committed partners
For our services, we build on our extensive, (inter)national network of suppliers and cooperation partners. We work together to share knowledge with industry peers, put the city of Utrecht on the international map and contribute to economic growth and a rich cultural life in Utrecht and in the Netherlands.
YOIN Excellent Meeting Places is the trusted quality brand for conference and event venues. YOIN excellent meeting places independently advises, supports and assesses venues on quality, expertise, reliability, innovation and service. The criteria on which the audit is based are in line with, among other things, the building code, regulations and legislation, and procurement criteria of governments and corporates.
Golden Green Key is the international hallmark for sustainable businesses in leisure and recreation. Jaarbeurs has been recepient of the golden Green Key certificate since 2010. In doing so, we can show we're actively doing our part for a sustainable earth, without our visitors having to compromise on the experience.
Jaarbeurs owns the Green Healthcare Certificate, issued by Compliant Venues Ltd. Strict rules apply to pharmaceutical companies when organising, sponsoring or participating in medical events and congresses. Jaarbeurs has undergone a thorough audit, assessment and training solution, and has obtained the necessary certificate. This allows us to demonstrate our compliance with these regulations.
To maintain quality for events in the medical sector, several of our event managers have been made Healthcare Champion by Compliant Venues Ltd. Here, they gained in-depth knowledge and understanding in the regulations and corporate policies of the international healthcare sector. This allows us to provide a better service and put on good medical events.
We were the first event venue in the Netherlands to receive the Kiwa quality seal for COVID-19 prevetion methods in 2020. This quality mark shows our visitors and organisers that Jaarbeurs has applied the highest safety standards.
- Winner Best Congress venue 2023 and 2022 - National The competition for Congress Venue of the year is an initiative of trade magazine MEETIGNS. Since 2006, the MEETINGS Awards have been presented every year for the best event companies and venues. In 2023 and 2022, we received the first award for best congress location in the Netherlands. In 2021, we were second place for the national award.
- Winner Best Congress Venue 2023, 2022, 2021 - Region Central Netherlands The competition for Congress Venue of the Year is an initiative of trade magazine Meetings. Since 2006, the MEETINGS Awards have been presented every year for the best event companies and venues. In 2023, 2022 and 2021, we received the first prize for best conference location in the Netherlands and Region Central Holland.
- UFI Digital Innovation Award 2022 UFI is the global association of event venues and organisers. In 2022, we proudly received the Digital Innovation Award for the development of the Jaabeurs Live app. This app is part of a major digital transformation programme aimed at giving visitors and exhibitors the very best 'customer experience' now and in the future.
- UFI Sustainable Development Award 2022 UFI is the global association of event venues and organisers. In 2022, we were honoured to receive the Sustainable Development Award. According to the jury, Jaarbeurs shapes its menus in a sustainable way and manages to reduce its food waste.
- Winnaar Phoenix Award 2021 In 2021, we proudly accepted the 2021 Phoenix Award. The award was presented during Big Improvement Day and is an annual prize for companies that have successfully dealt with major setbacks. According to the jury, Jaarbeurs showed perseverance and resilience by seizing the corona pandemic as an opportunity to accelerate investments in sustainability, digitalisation and new exhibition concepts.
- Winner Best Congress Theatre Venue of the year 2017 - Beatrix Theatre The competition for Conference Theatre of the Year is an initiative of trade magazine Meetings. Since 2006, the MEETINGS Awards have been presented every year for the best event companies and venues. In 2017, we received the national award for Best Congress Theater Venue of the year with our Beatrix Theatre.